Municipal Reopening Information
The reopening of municipal facilities and buildings will be gradual as we slowly begin to head into a post-pandemic world. The Health Department reviews reopening plans for municipal buildings.
For specific COVID-19 case counts, guidelines and resources, visit our COVID-19 Response page.
*Both vaccinated and unvaccinated visitors to all municipal buildings are required to wear masks inside*
The South Hadley Town Hall building is open to public access Tuesday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Masks and hand sanitizer are available at each door for visitors to use. ALL visitors, vaccinated and unvaccinated, are required to wear masks inside.
- Select offices that provide the bulk of direct customer interactions will be available to the public without appointment Tuesday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. These are the assessor, clerk, collector, inspection services and recreation offices. It is encouraged residents call ahead.
- All other departments, such as administration, health, human resources and planning/conservation, will remain available only by scheduled appointment.
- Town hall will continue to offer services digitally, by phone and snail mail.
- The South Hadley Council on Aging, at 45 Dayton St., is open to the public Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Reservations for programs are necessary. Call 413-538-5030 to reserve a program or schedule a tour of the new building.
- Masks are required to enter the building for both vaccinated and unvaccinated visitors.
- Registration is required for fitness classes. Call 413-538-5030 to register.
- The DPW administrative offices are open to the public Tuesday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The transfer station and compost area remain accessible by appointment only for the time being.
The South Hadley Public Library and Gaylord Memorial Library are currently open their regular hours. Most public programs are being held online or outdoors as weather allows. Patrons are asked to self-screen for signs of illness and stay home if they are not feeling well. No overdue fines are being charged. The libraries are following state guidelines for health and safety:
- All patrons are required to wear a mask when coming into the building
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the library
- Cleaning and disinfecting supplies are readily available if needed
- Many resources are available online via the library website
For more information, contact the South Hadley Public Library at 413-538-5045.
Parks & Trails:
South Hadley parks, playgrounds, outdoor basketball courts, athletic fields are open with limitations.
- For those using town trails - if there are more than five cars parked in a lot or in the general area where it would suggest the occupants of those vehicles are on the trails, we ask you to consider waiting until you can safely navigate the trails. Be considerate of those who may be waiting and limit your visit to two hours or less.
- On some trails directional arrows have been installed and we ask you to follow those arrows to reduce face to face contact. Please remain at least six feet apart while on the trails and do not gather in groups greater than 10 people.
- Pack it in, pack it out. If you have trash you need to dispose of, please take it home with you if there are no trash receptacles in the area or if they are full.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times. Pick up any dog poop - do not leave it on a trail or in a bag on a trail.
These facilities and buildings remain closed at this time. Reopening plans are being created and will be implemented over time.
- The transfer station and compost area remain accessible by appointment only.
- Buttery Brook Park is not accepting pavilion reservations this year.
If you have a specific question for a municipal department, call (413) 538-5030 for a dial-by-number directory or use this staff directory.
To Pay Bills
- Use InvoiceCloud. Click here: https://www.southhadley.org/336/Payment-Methods),
- Use your online banking system
- Mail payments to 116 Main St., South Hadley, addressed to the specific office. (We encourage checks/money orders instead of cash at this time).
- Drop off payments in the black mailbox between the South Hadley Police Station and town hall. (We encourage checks/money orders instead of cash at this time).
Permitting / Licensing / Vital Records
- To obtain a permit, click here: https://www.southhadley.org/922/Permits-Licenses
- To license your dog or obtain certificates and records, click here: https://www.southhadley.org/687/Licenses-Permits-and-Records