CONFIRMED indicates South Hadley residents who have tested positive
CONTACT are South Hadley residents who have come in direct contact or may live with a person or persons who have tested positive, but who have not yet been tested, are likely shedding the virus and could spread the virus.
PROBABLE are South Hadley residents who are likely to have the virus for various reasons and either are waiting test results or have been quarantined or isolated, but may be asymptomatic and could possibly shed the virus.
SUSPECTED are South Hadley residents who have signs or otherwise suspected of having and/or may shed the virus.
MEMA’s COVID-19 Situation Updates
The Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency releases a situation report from its COVID-19 Command Center Monday - Friday. Click here to read a collection of these updates. The reports include daily actions on the state level, public health data and resources.
Face masks required when in public
The Baker-Polito Administration has ordered all residents over the age of two to use a face covering or mask in public places where maintaining proper social distancing measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are not possible. mask use.
Learn about wearing face coverings and cloth masks in public, to slow the spread of COVID-19, as required in Governor Baker’s Executive Order here.
Town parks, trails and fields open with guidelines
South Hadley parks, playgrounds, outdoor basketball courts, athletic fields and splash pads are now open again with limitations. Splash pads are open daily from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Please note on days of cooler or wet weather the splash pads will be turned off for the day. The recreation department will update its Facebook page when that occurs.
For those using town trails - if there are more than five cars parked in a lot or in the general area where it would suggest the occupants of those vehicles are on the trails, we ask you to consider waiting until you can safely navigate the trails. Be considerate of those who may be waiting and limit your visit to two hours or less. On some trails directional arrows have been installed and we ask you to follow those arrows to reduce face to face contact. Please remain at least six feet apart while on the trails and do not gather in groups greater than 10 people.
Pack it in, pack it out. If you have trash you need to dispose of, please take it home with you if there are no trash receptacles in the area or if they are full.
Dogs must be leashed at all times. Pick up any dog poop - do not leave it on a trail or in a bag on a trail.
Buttery Brook Park is not accepting facility reservations until further notice.
Yard Waste Area & Transfer Station Open by Appointment Only
Residents must schedule visits to the yard waste area and transfer station if they would like to dispose of various items. There is now a charge to dispose of green bags and recycling at the transfer station, and prepayment is required. Residents are encouraged to utilize curbside collection. Disposal fees for green bags and larger items must be paid in advance. Click here to learn more, schedule a time and prepay.
Virtual Selectboard Meetings
Since April, the Selectboard has met weekly to discuss COVID-19 and its impacts on the town. As of July 7, it resumed its regular first-and-third-Tuesday meeting schedule. To view previous meetings, click here. Residents can watch the meetings live on channel 15 on the first and third Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m.
Public Library and Council on Aging
Digital Town Hall
Please call ahead if you have a question specific to a town hall office. You may contact the various staff and departments by phone, or by email, by calling 538-5017 or using our staff directory. Click here to access that: https://www.southhadley.
There are many online services available to the public to complete town hall-related tasks:
To Pay Bills
- Use InvoiceCloud. Click here: https://www.southhadley.
- Use your online banking system
- Mail payments to 116 Main St., South Hadley, addressed to the specific office. (We encourage checks/money orders instead of cash at this time).
- Drop off payments in the black mailbox between the South Hadley Police Station and town hall. (We encourage checks/money orders instead of cash at this time).
- To obtain a permit, click here: https://www.southhadley.
Dogs / Certificates / Vital Records
- To license your dog or obtain certificates and records, click here: https://www.southhadley.
The Selectboard is not issuing any one-day beer & wine licenses while there is a state of emergency order in place from Governor Baker.
Key public health messages for all residents:
- Protect yourself by following public health advice about keeping your hands clean and covering coughs and sneezes.
- Stay home if you are sick. If you need to consult a health care provider, call ahead first or use telehealth services.
- Protect others who are most at risk of COVID-19 by keeping your distance from people (at least 6 feet away from others), especially those who are older, and people living with chronic health conditions.
- If you are outside, avoid crowds.
- Don’t shake hands or hug.
- Stay connected to friends and loved ones by phone or through other technology.
- Get information from trusted sources. Visit https://www.mass.gov/covid19 for the latest news, case counts, and lab testing results.
- Take care of your emotional health and help others do the same. If you need emotional support during these stressful times, call 2-1-1 and choose the “CALL2TALK” option
- Follow DPH on Twitter @MassDPH, updated several times per day.
Massachusetts residents are urged to use 2-1-1 for information, resources, and referrals regarding COVID-19. Operators are staffing this hotline 24/7 and translators are available in multiple languages. Residents with questions can dial 2-1-1 from any landline or cellphone, or use the live chat option on the Mass 2-1-1 website. As of 9:00 AM today, Mass 2-1-1 has answered a total of 4,502 coronavirus-related calls since last Friday. There are 17 staff now answering calls, including staff from United Way and 7 staff members from DPH.