How do I file a complaint about a zoning violation?
The Building Commissioner / Inspector is the Zoning Enforcement Officer. You should contact him at 413-538-5010 and detail the alleged violation. He can tell you if in fact what you describe is a violation, in his opinion. You should follow up with a written complaint if you believe the violation is continuing.Building Department Page

Show All Answers

1. What is the zoning of my property?
2. What are the building setbacks in South Hadley?
3. What is the process for changing the zoning classification of a piece of property?
4. How many unregistered vehicles can my neighbor have on their property?
5. Can commercial vehicles be parked in a residential district?
6. What are the zoning restrictions for installing a fence on my property?
7. How can I obtain a copy of the town’s Zoning Bylaw, Subdivision Regulations or other town requirements?
8. How do I file a complaint about a zoning violation?
9. How do I find out if a development is planned for a particular area or neighborhood?
10. How do I obtain a variance or file an administrative appeal?
11. Does the town allow use variances?