South Hadley MA Homepage

Abatement Information

Abatement Process

If you feel that your real or personal property has been overvalued, disproportionately assessed or incorrectly classified, or is exempt from taxation, you have the right to apply for an abatement.

Read instructions for filing (PDF).

Your abatement applications (PDF) must be filed with the Board of Assessors after the third quarter tax bills have been mailed but no later than February 1. The assessors lose jurisdiction to act on any application for abatement received after February 1.

Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow