South Hadley MA Homepage
What do I need if I want to obtain/transfer/change a liquor license?

New and transferred licenses for alcoholic beverages, as well as changes to management or the business, require the Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission (ABCC) application, a public hearing with the South Hadley Selectboard, and a newspaper advertisement and abutter notification alerting the public to the Selectboard hearing. Both of these notifications must be published and mailed at least 10 days prior to the hearing. The Selectboard will hold a hearing on the application, and if accepted the application will be sent to the ABCC for final approval. Applications are available only at the Massachusetts Alcoholic Beverages Control Commission website: We highly suggest you consult with legal counsel during the application process. Our office cannot assist in filling out the ABCC application or answering specific questions.

To schedule a public hearing with the Selectboard, first  fill out an ABCC application, and email with your hearing request.  After a hearing date is confirmed, it is the applicant’s responsibility to put a legal advertisement in a local newspaper and to notify the abutters of the hearing.  Please contact the Assessors’ Office for an official abutters list. The completed application must be submitted to the Selectboard Office at least two weeks prior to the hearing.  The ABCC will only accept typed applications.  

To schedule a hearing or for additional information, please email 

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain a One-Day Beer & Wine License?
2. What are the liquor license regulations?
3. How many licenses are available in South Hadley?
4. What do I need if I want to obtain/transfer/change a liquor license?
Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow