What permit application should I use?
For simple projects within 100 feet of a wetland that will most likely not impact a wetland or resource area, a Request for Determination of Applicability can be filed.

For more major projects such as house construction, major landscaping, or residential or commercial developments a Notice of Intent should be used.

When a project has been completed a Request for Certificate of Compliance form should be submitted.

The South Hadley Wetland Bylaw uses the same forms as required by the state, so you can file for both the state and local wetlands permit simultaneously.

Show All Answers

1. What is the definition of “wetlands”?
2. When do I need to file with the Conservation Commission?
3. What activities are prohibited in Resource Areas?
4. What activities are permitted in or near Resource Areas?
5. What permit application should I use?
6. Does South Hadley have a current Open Space and Recreation Plan?
7. Are there maps of the conservation lands available?
8. Does South Hadley have a local wetlands bylaw?