Hampshire County COVID-19 vaccine clinics are located in Amherst and Northampton. Local health departments have released an information sheet with locations, links to sign-up and phone numbers to call for assistance, here.
COVID-19 vaccine information is also routinely updated on the state's website, here. Please check there often for the latest information.
Effective Thursday, February 11, an individual who accompanies a person age 75 or older to one of four mass vaccination sites ((Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Fenway Park in Boston, Eastfield Mall in Springfield, and the Doubletree Hotel in Danvers) ) to receive the vaccine will be eligible to receive the vaccine too, if they have an appointment booked. Both the companion and the individual age 75 or older must have an appointment for the same day and both individuals must be present. Only one companion is permitted. The companion must attest that they are accompanying the individual to the appointment.
Companions may begin booking appointments the morning of February 11 .
Individuals age 75 and older should make an appointment to get vaccinated as soon as possible. The COVID-19 vaccine is safe and free.
- The mass vaccination sites (Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Fenway Park in Boston, Eastfield Mall in Springfield, and the Doubletree Hotel in Danvers) have the most capacity and availability for appointments. 53,000 appointments will be opened at these sites on Thursday (2/11).
- Getting vaccinated at one of the mass vaccination sites is safe, easy and age friendly. These sites:
- Strive to provide an experience without long lines or long wait times
- Allow one person to accompany you to the appointment, if you need assistance o Are fully wheelchair accessible, do not require people to use stairs and have some wheelchairs available on-site
- Have accessible drop-off and pick-up areas
- Gillette Stadium, the DoubleTree Hotel in Danvers, and the Eastfield Mall Springfield, have accessible parking available
- Have accessible restroom and seating areas o Require every person who enters to wear a mask and support social distancing throughout the site
- Offer vaccinations for staff who are administering the vaccines and give staff access to regular COVID-19 testing to ensure safety
- Have friendly staff on hand to help guide the individual through the process
Older adults should not accept calls offering assistance from someone they do not know or trust. For information on the COVID-19 vaccines for people ages 75 and older visit here.
For Frequently Asked Questions and more information, click here.