Tag Sale License Rules and Regulations
COVID-19 Guidelines for Hosting a Tag Sale:
- Please wear a mask of face covering
- Disinfect Items and surfaces throughout the sale
- Encourage social distancing of at least 6 feet
- Offer hand sanitizer for customer use
- Keep prices rounded to avoid making change
- Indicate traffic flow on the ground with arrows
- Let customers bag their own items, if needed
- 10 person gathering rule applies
- · Hours of Operation 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
- · No more than four tag sales per residence per calendar year.
- · No notices, advertising or directional signs are to be attached to utility poles per Town by-law, nor shade trees per MA General Law, Chapter 87, Section 9.
- · All notices shall be removed after last sale date.
- · This license shall be posted in a conspicuous place during the sale.
- · Selling food is prohibited under the Board of Health Regulations.
- · No items shall be left on the curb or property and shall be removed no later than 24 hours after the sale.
- · Licenses are valid for two consecutive days (or three if Sat-Mon and Monday is a legal holiday).
- · Licenses are valid the following weekend if the original sale dates are cancelled due to weather.
- · $25.00 per day for holding a tag sale without a license.
- · $15.00 for each rule violation