Annual Town Election
Tuesday, April 11, 2023
List of Offices to Appear on the 2023 Annual Town Election Ballot:
- 2 Selectboard seats for terms of 3 years
- 1 School Committee seat for term of 1 year
- 2 School Committee seats for terms of 3 years
- 1 Board of Assessors seat for term of 3 years
- 2 Board of Health seats for terms of 3 years
- 3 Library Trustees for terms of 3 years
- 1 Municipal Light Board seat for term of 3 years
- 1 Municipal Light Board seat for term of 1 year
- 2 Planning Board seats for terms of 3 years
- 8 Town Meeting Members for Precincts A, B, C, D, and E for terms of 3 years
- 1 Precinct B Town Meeting Member for term of 1 year
- 1 Precinct C Town Meeting Member for term of 2 years
- 1 Precinct D Town Meeting Member for term of 2 years
- 1 Precinct E Town Meeting Member for term of 1 year
Any resident currently registered to vote in South Hadley is eligible to run for an elected position in town. The first step to getting your name on the ballot is filing nomination papers. These can be picked up in the Town Clerk's Office until February 16, 2023.
- Town wide offices require 50 certified signatures
- Town meeting members require 10 certified signatures from their precinct
Where Do I Vote?
On Election Day, all precincts vote at South Hadley High School, 153 Newton Street (Route 116). Polls are open from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Additional Resources for Candidates
Interested in running for an elected position in South Hadley? Check out the candidate information and checklist below!
- Checklist for Running for Office
- 2023 Candidate Information
- Campaign Finance Guide
- Campaign Finance Website
Additional Resources for Voters
- Link to Register to Vote Online
- Mail-In Voter Registration Form (PDF)
- Link to Automatic Voter Registration Information
- Official Vote by Mail Application (PDF)
- Information for Overseas Voters
- Link to Massachusetts Political Parties Directory
- Please Note: To change your political party, you must update your voter registration. You can do so by sending in the above mail-in form, using the online form, or stopping by the Town Clerk's Office.