The Planning Board, effective July 1, 2008, will schedule regular meetings at 6:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Monday of each month, unless posted otherwise.
Holidays and other factors will sometimes require adjustments to the regular schedule. When such adjustments are made, the schedule for the ensuing months will be posted here. During May through August, the regular meetings are typically impacted by holidays, vacations and special events. Yet, in 2020 and continuing into 2021, the circumstances and meeting demands began impacting the schedule differently. It is anticipated that all meeting and hearings will be held "virtually" using the Zoom. At this time, the Board has adopted the schedule for meetings in May through September 2021 such that the current schedule of meetings is as follows (however, meetings may be cancelled/rescheduled and meeting times may be changed due to unexpected events and additional meetings are likely to be added to the schedule):
- Monday, May 10, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. - Regular Business & Public Hearing on Rocky's Hardware Site Plan Review
- Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. - Community Listening Session regarding recruitment/appointment of new Director of Planning & Conservation
- Monday, May 24, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. - Regular Business & Public Hearing on Special Permit Application for proposed duplex on McKinley Avenue
- Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. - Regular Business and possibly public hearings
- Monday, June 21, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. - Regular Business & possibly Public Hearings
- Monday, July 19, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. - Regular Business and possibly public hearings
- Monday, August 16, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. - Regular Business and possibly public hearings
- Monday, September 13, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. - Regular Business and possibly public hearings
- Monday, September 27, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. - Regular Business & possibly Public Hearings
Master Plan Update Review Special Meetings
To allow for sufficient opportunity to focus on the draft of the Master Plan Update as recommended to the Planning Board by the Master Plan Update Advisory Committee, the Planning Board has scheduled Special Meetings intended to be devoted strictly to review of the draft Master Plan Update Report as follows:
- Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. - CANCELLED
- Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 18, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, April 5, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. (as part of the Special Meeting)
- Monday, April 12, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. (as part of the regular meeting as time permits)
- Thursday, April 22, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday. May 18, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
Virtual Meetings/Hearings Guidelines
The Planning Board has adopted guidelines/protocols for conducting virtual (online) public hearings. These are posted at the following location:https://southhadley.org/1043/Virtual-Public-Hearing-Guidelines
While special meetings are rare, they may be scheduled as necessary and will be posted no less than 48 hours in advance of the meeting in the same manner as other meetings are posted as required by State Law and on the town’s website calendar.
Unless posted otherwise, all meetings are scheduled to be held in the Selectboard meeting room in Town Hall. (As noted above, during the COVID State of Emergency, all meetings are being held virtually using log in information provided on the meeting agenda as posted.)
Submittal of Items for Meeting Agendas
The Planning Board agenda is generally posted no later than the Thursday preceding the scheduled meeting date. Therefore, materials for items to be placed on the agenda must be received in the Planning Board Office no later than the Monday preceding the Planning Board meeting at which it is to be considered.
Exceptions to this policy include:
- Items for which a public hearing must be scheduled, such as a definitive plan, special permit, or site plan review, are to be submitted in their entirety no less than 35 days prior to the date for which a public hearing is being requested.
- Items which do not require a public hearing, but do require notification of abutters, such as illumination of a sign, are to be submitted in their entirety no less than 21 days prior to the date on which the Planning Board is to meet to consider the item.
- Items which require inter-departmental reviews, but not a public hearing, such as a preliminary subdivision plan, are to be submitted in their entirety no less than 35 days prior to the date on which the Planning Board is to meet to consider the item.