The Planning Board, effective July 1, 2008, will schedule regular meetings at 6:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Monday of each month, unless posted otherwise.
Holidays and other factors will sometimes require adjustments to the regular schedule. When such adjustments are made, the schedule for the ensuing months will be posted here. During May through August, the regular meetings are typically impacted by holidays, vacations and special events. Yet, in 2020 and continuing into 2021, the circumstances and meeting demands began impacting the schedule differently. It is anticipated that all meeting and hearings will be held "virtually" using the Zoom. At this time, the Board has adopted the schedule for meetings in January through April 2021 such that the current schedule of meetings is as follows (however, meetings may be cancelled/rescheduled and meeting times may be changed due to unexpected events and additional meetings are likely to be added to the schedule):
- Monday, January 11, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. - Regular Business & Public Hearings including Public Hearing on Proposed North Pole Estates on Hadley Street -
- Thursday, January 21, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. - Special Meeting to discuss draft Master Plan Update
- Monday, January 25, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. - Regular Business & Public Hearings including Public Hearing on Public Hearing on Proposed North Pole Estates on Hadley Street
- Monday, February 8, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. - Regular Business & Public Hearings including Public Hearing on Proposed Definitive Plan for North Pole Estates on Hadley Street.
- Monday, February 22, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. - Regular Business & Public Hearings
- Monday, March 8, 2021 at 6:39 p.m. - Regular Business & possibly Public Hearings .
- Monday, March 22, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. - Regular Business & possibly Public Hearings
- Monday, April 5, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. - Special Meeting for Public Hearings on Requested/Proposed Bylaw Amendments and Zoning Map Amendments
- Monday, April 12, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. - Regular Business & possibly Public Hearings
- Monday, April 26, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. - Regular Business & possibly Public Hearings
Master Plan Update Review Special Meetings
To allow for sufficient opportunity to focus on the draft of the Master Plan Update as recommended to the Planning Board by the Master Plan Update Advisory Committee, the Planning Board has scheduled Special Meetings intended to be devoted strictly to review of the draft Master Plan Update Report as follows:
- Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. - CANCELLED
- Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 18, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
Each of these meetings are intended to last no more than 2 hours. If the Planning Board completes its initial review of the draft report sooner than anticipated, the subsequently scheduled meetings will be cancelled.
Virtual Meetings/Hearings Guidelines
The Planning Board has adopted guidelines/protocols for conducting virtual (online) public hearings. These are posted at the following location:https://southhadley.org/1043/Virtual-Public-Hearing-Guidelines
While special meetings are rare, they may be scheduled as necessary and will be posted no less than 48 hours on the bulletin board at Town Hall prior to the meeting as required by State Law and on the town’s website calendar.
Unless posted otherwise, all meetings are scheduled to be held in the Selectboard meeting room in Town Hall.
Submittal of Items for Meeting Agendas
The Planning Board agenda is generally posted no later than the Thursday preceding the scheduled meeting date. Therefore, materials for items to be placed on the agenda must be received in the Planning Board Office no later than the Monday preceding the Planning Board meeting at which it is to be considered.
Exceptions to this policy include:
- Items for which a public hearing must be scheduled, such as a definitive plan, special permit, or site plan review, are to be submitted in their entirety no less than 35 days prior to the date for which a public hearing is being requested.
- Items which do not require a public hearing, but do require notification of abutters, such as illumination of a sign, are to be submitted in their entirety no less than 21 days prior to the date on which the Planning Board is to meet to consider the item.
- Items which require inter-departmental reviews, but not a public hearing, such as a preliminary subdivision plan, are to be submitted in their entirety no less than 35 days prior to the date on which the Planning Board is to meet to consider the item.