View all facilities

Titus Pond Conservation Area

Overview


In 1949, the original property was sold to Albert Quenneville and subdivided into house lots. In 1961, trustees Ernest and Anita Quenneville sold Titus Pond to the Conservation Society. In 1976, the Society sold it to the town. It is named after a former owner of the property, Leonard Titus.

It was a swimming and fishing spot in past years, and some people still fish here. Ducks, herons and fish inhabit the pond on these 4.5 acres. In the summer, the pond is covered by a blanket of duckweed (a tiny floating plant). Access is available
Go to Calendar