Canal Park Committee
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- John (Jack) Fleming, Member
Term Expires: 2020
- Mitchell Resnick, Co-Chair Term Expires:2020
- Richard A. Constant, Member Term Expires: 2021
- Eleanor Klepacki, Member Term Expires 2021
- Joshua Driver, Member Term Expires: 2019
- Aaron Haesaert, Member Term Expires: 2019
Canal Park Committee meets regularly at 6 pm on the third Tuesday of each month at the
South Hadley Public Library.
To receive email or text alerts with meeting notices and agendas, please go the "NOTIFY ME" button on the South Hadley website main page and follow the instructions to register.
Section 412.1 of the Code of the Town of South Hadley General By-Laws
The Canal Park Committee will:
- Monitor the maintenance and safety of the Bicentennial Canal Park and periodically report conditions as such to the Selectboard.
- Document and publicize the historical importance of the South Hadley Canal.
- Advocate for the protection, conservation, and preservation of the remains of the old canal bed, locks, and gatehouses along its entire length.
- Develop the park’s potential as a recreational and significantly unique educational attraction for residents and visitors.
The Special Town Meeting January 11, 2017 voted YES to approve Article 1, appropriating $97,500 for Phase I capital improvements and pruning at Bicentennial Park. Stay tuned for details as planning and construction move forward.
For more information or to provide feedback, please send an email to: